56th Annual Oak Grove United Methodist Men’s Barbecue
Saturday, October 21, 2017
11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Adults $10.00 Children $6.00
Featuring chopped pork barbecue, secret recipe sauce, Brunswick stew (stirred in 40 gallon iron pots), tangy cole slaw, bread, pickles, potato chips, and ice tea or lemonade.
- Proceeds benefit over 25 church, community, and mission projects.
- Cooking 300 hams, 520 gallons of Brunswick stew, 100 gallons of sauce, 900 pounds of coleslaw, 462 loaves of bread, and 5,200 bags of potato chips.
- UMW Bake Sale
- UMW Craft Sale and Bazaar
- Oak Grove Library Used Book Sale
- Again This Year: Live Bluegrass and Gospel Music by Tucker Station String Band at 11:30 and also at 1:30
- 10 tickets will be mailed to each church household the first week of September. Additional tickets are available in the church office for purchase or exchange. (Checks only please). Make checks payable to Oak Grove UMM or OGUMM.
- If payment of at least $92.00 is received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 13, you will receive a free ticket.
- Workers Needed: Over 350 workers are needed. A sign-up board is available in the portico entrance beginning mid September, at MIDWEEK each Wednesday, and online on the church website (coming soon). Childcare is available for workers by reservation.
- Again this year: Brunswick stew available all day in quart containers.
- Questions about tickets: Call Clayton Webster (404-633-8955)
- Questions about volunteer duties: Call Chairmen Wallace Moreman (770-309-6688)