In preparation for the upcoming tornado and hurricane seasons, we want to help restock the United Methodist Committee on Relief warehouse with health kits. These kits are given to people in disaster torn areas to aid in their recovery. Our goal is to create at least 150 kits.
You’re invited to create your own kit with friends or your whole family joining in–please download the .pdf here.
Collection bins will be available in the Portico and in Fellowship Hall from Sunday, February 11, through Sunday, March 11.
Please help by donating from the supply list below. (UMCOR requirements are very specific and items must be new. Only these exact items can be used in kits.)
• Hand towels – must be 15 x 25 inches to 17 x 27 inches (kitchen, cleaning, and microfiber towels not acceptable)
• Combs – need to be sturdy and longer than 6 inches (no pocket combs or picks)
• Metal nail files and nail clippers (no emery boards)
• Bath size soap – 3 oz. and larger sizes in original packaging (no Ivory or Jergens soap due to moisture content)
• Toothbrushes – adult size only in original packaging, individually packed
• Adhesive bandages – ¾ inch to 1 inch size (common household brand like Band-Aids)
On Sunday March 11, we will meet in Fellowship Hall immediately following the 9.35 service to sort supplies and assemble the health kits.