– Please email the completed form to Rev. Dr. Joseph McBrayer (email@example.com) and to Diane Osteen (firstname.lastname@example.org) or drop off in the church office. If you have any questions please call the church office at 404.636.7558.
Becoming a Member
At Oak Grove United Methodist Church, we celebrate, support and embrace new members and their decision to join. New members bring life, energy and talent into our congregation. Together, we are building a community dedicated to continuing the ministry of Christ.
Being a Member helps you grow in your Christian faith:
- You witness to God in Jesus Christ.
- You have a spiritual family to support and encourage you in your walk with Christ.
- You have a place to discover and use your gifts of ministry.
- You live your life of faith under the care of spiritual leaders.
- You have the accountability to grow in the grace of God.
You can become a member of Oak Grove United Methodist Church in several ways:
Make a Profession of Faith:
For the first time, you are ready to profess your belief in God revealed in the Son, Jesus Christ. If you have not previously received baptism, you will select a date for your baptism at Oak Grove as soon as possible. The United Methodist Church honors baptism offered by all other Christian denominations.
Reaffirm Your Faith:
Renew the covenant declared at your baptism, acknowledge what God is doing in your life, and affirm your commitment to Christ’s holy church.
Transfer from another United Methodist Church:
Relocate to Oak Grove by transferring your baptismal record and church membership from your previous United Methodist Church home.
Transfer from another Denomination:
If you have already received baptism in another church, you will not need to receive baptism again.
As members of Oak Grove United Methodist Church:
- We repent of our sin.
- We profess faith in God, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We trust Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.
- We receive and profess the Christian faith as contained in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments.
- We promise, according to the grace given us, to keep God’s holy will and commandments and walk in the same all the days of our lives as faithful members of Christ’s holy church.
- We promise to uphold Oak Grove church with our prayers, our presence, our gifts, our service, and our witness.