Director of Young Children’s School
Oak Grove UMC’s Young Children’s School is searching for a new Director. Exceptional applicants will have familiarity with the United Methodist Church. To apply, send resume and references to Director of Children’s Ministry, Elizabeth Loughran at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Director of the Young Children’s School is a member of the Administration Team and serves the Mission of the Church by carrying out the priorities set forth by the leadership of Oak Grove United Methodist Church and is supervised by the Executive Director. This position provides support in developing and maintaining positive relationships with the community of the Young Children’s School: ministering to the whole child – physical, intellectual, emotional, social, and spiritual.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Education or Early Childhood Education
- 2 years experience in the fields of early childhood education and management
- Computer skills
- Ability to work well with others and to delegate
- Demonstration of current knowledge of child development research and trends and a willingness to stay abreast of changes to best practices
- Ability to maintain the preschool’s philosophy and develop a long-term vision
- Ability to set a tone of trust, love and respect for all constituents of the preschool community