Sunday school begins at 9:30am and ends at 10:30am. We honor children’s natural sense of awe, wonder, imagination, and curiosity to help shape their growing faith. In Sunday School, children (2 years through 5th grade) will engage in fun, age appropriate experiences, spiritual practices, and opportunities for reflection, giving them a safe space to ask big questions. Our staff & volunteer leaders help them claim their spiritual identity as children of God!
If you are unable to attend Sunday School in person, please email Elizabeth Loughran (email@example.com) to request an at-home virtual & printable lesson. If you are worshiping at home, consider setting Sacred Space. Look around & gather the following 7 items (or pictures of items): a green cloth, a globe/earth, a cross, a jingle bell, a candle, a Bible, a basket. Click here for starter script to walk you through setting Sacred Space in Ordinary Time. Setting Sacred Space can take as much or as little time as you need, allowing you to go deeper and deeper into these foundational parts of our Christian faith. In person, we are seeing how excited children are to live into the rhythm of the church year. This is a great start for discovering sacred patterns that will ground them in a lifetime of faith.
Nursery care is available for children newborn-3 years old. The nursery opens 10 minutes before all Worship Services. Nursery care is also available as needed for classes, meetings, & events.
Help your children engage in Worship by sitting in the front where you can be close to the choir, band, liturgists, & preachers where all the action is! Parenting in the Pew is a great resource for parents available in our church library. In both services, we offer two kinds of Worship Bags for children. The bags are marked with tags: “Older” and “Younger.”
In Modern Worship, we also offer Family Tables, where parents & children together can worship, wiggle, & create as the Spirit leads them. For this service, noise cancelling headphones are available in two sizes: infant & young children.
This program provides families of children with special needs the opportunity to attend Adult Sunday School or the Modern Worship Service on Sunday This program provides families of children with unique needs the opportunity to attend Adult Sunday School on Sunday mornings. A team of “buddies” (youth and adults) are assigned to a child for assistance and to help them engage in activities. For more information about our Angel Buddy program contact Elizabeth Loughran at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All children must be checked in on Sunday mornings if your child attends nursery, Sunday School or Children’s Church. Please use a check in station on Sunday mornings if your child attends Nursery, Sunday School, or Children’s Church. Check-in Stations are located in the Church Portico, Room 125 on Nursery hallway, Outside Room 223, and Fellowship Hall. The check in systems are to be used by ADULTS ONLY.
If you would like for your child to be added to our system database, please click here or complete a Child Information Card at a stations.
Our Seasonal Events are for children of all ages. They offer a great opportunity to invite friends, family and neighbors to Oak Grove!
• Bingo & Popcorn with Senior Adults, September 11, 2-3:30 PM
• Trunk or Treat, October 23, 5:30-7 PM
• Lantern Parade, November 27, 6:45-7:30
• Christmas Drive-In Movie, December 2, 6-8 PM
• Easter Egg Hunt & Picnic, March 26, 3-4:30 PM
• Vacation Bible School, June 5-9, 9 AM – 12 PM
• J.A.M. Camp, June 5-9, 9 AM – 12 PM
• Power Sports Camp, Jun 5-9, 12 PM – 4 PM
• Theater Camp, May 30-June 2, 9:15 AM – 11:30 AM
Days of Note in a Child’s Life at Oak Grove UMC
• Baptism, contact Rachel at email@example.com to learn more.
• Children’s Choirs Resume, Aug 17, 6-7 PM
• Third Grade Bibles & Luncheon (hosted by 4th & 5th graders), Aug 21
• Youth Takeover Children’s Sunday School, September 25
• Senior Adults & Children Partner for Sunday School, October 23
• Baby Celebration, November 6, all services
• Children’s Christmas Eve Service, December 24, 3 PM
• Two Year Old Bibles, April, 4-4:45 PM
• Third Grade End of the Year Scripture Trail, May 7, 2-3:30 PM
• Fourth & Fifth Grade End of the Year Celebration, May 21, 3-4:40 PM